Wednesday, March 01, 2006

general rant

gosh, february galloped past us in a hurry. feels like it just dashed off like that without so much as a see you tomorrow or bye - and now they tell me it's march.... tsk tsk tsk. not sure whether i approve of all this... have been so busy the last couple of weks that i didn't have the time to engineer the holiday i really need. we were planning to go off to bangkok mid march but it looks we'll have to shelve that now. both our diaries are chock a block full. the days that i'm not in court, he's in court. and the terrible thing is that i know that when the actual dates roll around, the hearings will be postponed... what to do? such is the life of a litigation lawyer...

shall try and plan something for april as we need to get away badly - if you remember, we stuck around the whole of december while everyone else went off on their breaks, and then renovated through chinese new year holidays, so now we need a break badly. terribly... NOW - today.

feels like i'm due for a major service, with oil changes, new spark plugs and an overhaul if possible...

oh, it looks like the kinabalu trip is on. moo, kavi, shan, kalai and another couple are climbing mt. kinabalu in may. gitanjali and i are going along for the ride... ;-). of course its a break technically but since the others are viewing it as a mountaineering adventure, so shall i. am not climbing up for gitanjali reasons...

so am still eligible for break in april or sooner. the sooner the better. am getting grouchy in my old age already.

am feeling fat today. fat fat fat... wish i could be the kind of person who doesn't have to eat. pre-gitanjali, i could eat anything, and still remain slender... Huh! those days are long gone now. obviously was cursed by everyone i knew during that period and it has now come back to haunt me in the masses of my body fat and my double chin... why why why? inside it still feels like i have a fantastic bod, but the mirror tends to disagree... sigh... sadly exercising is against my personal religion or i would attempt it. the other day saw a lady on oprah going on about exercising with your kids, and how she won the ms. bikini title after that.

tried it at home and gitanjali sat on me when i did my crunches, tickled me and attempted to jump up and down on me as i was doing some kind of stomach exercise (ouch ouch ouch)... would like to meet that lady... will give her a piece of my mind, i can tell you. exercise with your kids konon...

1 comment:

geetha said...

Welcome back..

Hahaha.. I also will get that kind of reaction from my Champion. He will start bouncing on my tummy.

And if I use my legs to carry lil President, Champion wil come and ask himself to be carried just like that. And by the time I am done, my legs are numb!

I also find it so difficult to actually exercise!