Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I, the comforter

i don't know whether i've mentioned this before, but i have this hideous talent, call it a knack if you will, or something else - can't really say what the right word is...probably have to invent one...

people just come to me and pour their troubles out...

no, no, no...wait first. you have to hear the whole thing first before you can make up your mind, no?

when i say people, please understand that this is not restricted to people i know...sometimes, i don't know them at all, sometimes i do (obviously), but occassionally its' people i've just met, or people i know who don't keep in touch with me at all, who end up in trouble and then come looking for me... strange huh? i think so too.

when i say pour their troubles out, i mean literally crying, weeping sobbing etc, donno know why... and to be more exact, why me?

i once got on a bus (have i told you this one already? cannot remember. am total nincompoop when it comes to remembering things obviously) abd bought a ticket from the conductor (i know, i know, this is what you are supposed to do...), and then....

the conductor sat down next to me and started telling me how two months ago he got married to this girl, who ran away from him last month, and then this month, she and her boyfriend were killed in a motorbike accident...

how bizarre is that? so bizarre ok. no words for it, and how often does it happen to you ? (not the get married, running away story la, but the total stranger coming and telling you this story thing..) it happens to me all the time ... no kidding.

and then if a disaster strikes any of my loved ones, i'm the one they tell first. maybe it's b'cos i'm a cheerful personality. sham says it's b'cos i listen well... i don't know... i'm just the comforter

anyway the latest one to lean on me was sg (probably its best that i keep his name confidential) who called me yesterday crying because he had been given some terrible news... how?

felt really bad for him, but couldn't do much except to tell him to come over...poor thing.

perhaps it's because i'm this rabidly insanely cheerful person. you feel like giving me bad news to wipe off that grin on my face... who knows...

2 comments:

geetha said...

May be they see an angel in you, a God sent one. And may be you don't know you were chosen by God, b'coz of your strength, to help listen to others.

Don't feel wiped out off your cheerfulness. Instead feel happier that you have helped someone pour out.

Hehehe, but I know it can be bizarre when it comes from a total stranger. Hang in there dear...

shri said...

thanks geeths, that was so sweet...