Wednesday, December 14, 2005

december pinks

did i tell you that life has been good lately? it has you know. am feeling on top of the world. i love december. what a month...feel like i'm on holiday. wish i could go on holiday, but scared my husband off with tales of the tsunami... sokay...i don't really mind. as i said, it feels like i'm on holiday anyway.

difficult to believe that last year at this time, we were both horribly sick from dengue fever. he nearly died you know. picture this, we are both warded for dengue, he is in intensive care, does not recall my name or his mother's name or house address or anything else relevant, just as i am digesting this, the doctor wanders into my room and tells me to pray, as they've done all they can for my husband... god! will not forget that day and the ensuing days thereafter...

needless to say he survived, so don't worry.

anyway despite all that, i still love december.

there's a new chambering student coming in tomorrow, and she's 55 years old!!! i have till now been very strict about our recruitment policy - you were not aware i had one did you? well the only criteria i have enforced in recruiting people is that they should not be older than me...

Gah!!! so politically incorrect you say? how could you, you say...

true to a certain extent, but look at the facts please -

i am a nut. i will freely confess to this. also all my current staff, despite being younger than me, bully me or in some way get their way around me (not in a bad way, but in some sort of way, you know...) don't get me wrong. i'm in control. when i get pissed, they get scared.

it's just that i very rarely get pissed. so they get scared of me maybe 3 times a year. perhaps 4. otherwise, they are just standing here strangling me or poking me or generally getting me to do things for them.... which i don't mind. i love them, and you only get as maneouvered as you allow it right?

but imagine if they were older than me!!! i would probably get squished or managed or patronised at the least.

so this new chambie is years older than me, and i am sitting here wondering, hmmm, how did i get myself into this...

also the rest of the office is looking at me, and asking, shri, how did you agree to this...

very interesting. she's coming tomorrow. we are all very concerned. obviously i cannot address this in my office blog, as she may someday have access to it...you may have noticed that whilst this blog is linked to the office blog, the office blog is not linked to here...

so will keep you posted...

No comments: