Thursday, May 05, 2005

escape from car park

i’m in a good mood today. Went to court in the morning for a mention. Denmark House. Was before Tuan Edwin P. Have noted a distressing tendency on my part to forget pronouns in my sentences. Shall strive to do better.

The roads were pretty clear, and managed to get to court by 9.10. He only ever starts at 9.15am, so I was pretty early. The car park was full so I headed upstairs to the building car park. Was halfway up in my monster truck before I realised I don’t have glasses, and this was probably not a good plan. Too late to back off tho’, so drove all the way up praying that I wouldn’t scrape the car. Off all the car parks i know, this is the one that's most obviously been designed by a drunk idiot who bought his degree from a non-existent university somewhere in ktoing-ktoing. either that or he is some agent of the devil out to gather new souls for his collection (just imagine how many people drive up and down this bloody thing every day cursing...). did not scrape car on way up. praise be to all guardian angels of car park users everywhere...

I am such a nitwit. Got to the court toilets and realised that I am still carrying my bohemian bali handbag, and am wearing dangly earrings (from bali). As if this was not enough, I am (to add to my personal style), also wearing black boots (simply b’cos they are the only shoes I own - you are shocked I can tell. Shall tell u more about this later), and my checked light blue shirt (don’t panic. Its very light, and the checks are v. small. It’s practically white, but it isn’t - if you know what I mean). Removed earrings, and folded up handbag. So much better already. Anyway its only Edwin. He’s a sweetie, and highly unlikely to throw me out purely b’cos am wearing light blue shirt (which is practically white anyway)…

He did not throw me out at all. Finished my matter, and bought some people I hardly know, except for Ai Ting (who used to work with Ajeet) breakfast. Felt very rich and generous doing it.

Nearly had a heart attack on the way out. Its a bloody narrow tunnel, and for special effects, (in case you were not worried already), you can see all the marks on the wall where your predecessors have scraped their cars. Successfully escaped from the bloody place without scraping monster truck. Have I told you about my monster truck? Shall tell you about it next time…

Came to office, put on music, looked at guna’s flowers (he sent us flowers you know. V. sweet of him), and then called guna to tell him sad news that they are appealing (they are, you know)… turns out he’s on the way over. He’s heer now and wants to buy us lunch…am off for lunch now like big successful lawyer that I am..

No comments: